Reimbursement grants available for elimination of connections that transmit surface or ground water to the wastewater collection system
The Town of Berryville American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 Implementation Plan provides for reimbursement of costs incurred when eliminating connections that transmit surface or ground water runoff to the Town’s wastewater collection system. Funding in the amount of Twenty- thousand dollars ($20,000) has been reserved for this effort.
This program is offered to eliminate unpermitted connections to the Town’s wastewater collection system and thereby reduce flow within the collection system and to the wastewater treatment plant.
At the end of the grant period (December 15, 2022), the Town will begin enforcement efforts to compel property owners to eliminate such connections. These enforcement efforts may include the filing of charges for violation of §17-37(g) of the Berryville Code. Violation of this code section constitutes a class 2 misdemeanor.
While the Town will initiate its concerted enforcement efforts after December 15, 2022, it will not forgo enforcement efforts in this regard prior to that date should it deem such actions necessary.
Eligibility period: August 16, 2021 to December 15, 2022
Reimbursement limit: $750 per structure
Steps that must be followed to receive reimbursement
- Provide the Town of Berryville with a completed Building Sewer Inspection Request form. Completed forms may either be dropped off at the Town Business Office located on the first floor of the Berryville-Clarke County Government Center or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Town staff will schedule a meeting with the property owner to perform an inspection.
- A Town representative and the owner will meet at the property to examine connection to the building sewer.
- The Town will make a determination as to whether the proposed work qualifies for reimbursement. If the proposed work qualifies for reimbursement, then:
- Owner and Town will agree to the scope of the project (Building Sewer Connection Reimbursement Agreement).
- Owner will secure a plumbing permit from the Clarke County Building Department.
- Owner will cause the agreed upon work to be completed.
- Work will be inspected by the Clarke County Building Department and the Town of Berryville.
- If the work completed complies with the agreed upon scope and the work is approved by the Clarke County Building Department, then the owner will submit a reimbursement request, with required documentation to the Town.
- If the reimbursement request is complete, then the Town will provide a reimbursement check to the owner within 30 days of the request approval.
- If the reimbursement request is incomplete, then the Town will so notify the owner and provide another opportunity to submit a request for reimbursement.
- No reimbursements will be made after December 15, 2022.
Town Business Office: email@example.com
The Town reserves the right to terminate or alter this program at any time without notice; however, reimbursement agreements completed prior to the date of program end or alteration will be honored (explained in more detail in the Building Sewer Connection Reimbursement Agreement). Further, when funds allotted for this purpose have been either expended and/or committed, no additional reimbursement agreements will be approved.