Process for Filling Vacancy on Berryville Town Council
Town Manager Keith Dalton has announced the following process to fill the Ward 1 Councilmember position on the Town Council that has been vacant since October 26, 2022. That process will include the following steps:
- Any qualified voter from Ward 1 who would like to be considered for appointment to the Town Council must submit a letter of interest, completed Town of Berryville Talent Bank form, and resume to the Town Clerk by November 18, 2022.
- The Town Council will hold a meeting on the afternoon of December 5, 2022 to interview candidates and deliberate on the appointment.
- The Town Council will likely make an appointment on December 5, 2022, but may meet at a later date if necessary to complete this task.
- The appointment of the new member is likely to be effective December 8, 2022.
- A special election for the position will be held on November 7, 2023.
- The newly appointed member’s term will expire on December 31, 2023
The Town of Berryville ward map can be found at: https://www.berryvilleva.gov/DocumentCenter/View/56/Ward-Map
The Town of Berryville Talent Bank form can be found at: https://www.berryvilleva.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1271/Talent-Bank-Form-2021
All applications must be submitted to:
Paul Culp, Town Clerk
Town of Berryville
101 Chalmers Court
Berryville, VA, 22611