The Town of Berryville will be conducting spring street cleaning starting the week of April 9th.
Cleaning is expected to occur in the following order:
- Business area of Main Street and municipal parking lots*
- Northeast quadrant (including the Battletown Town Houses and the Darbybrook subdivision)
- Southeast quadrant (including the Berryville Glen and Southgate subdivisions)
- Southwest quadrant (including the Hermitage subdivision)**
- Northwest quadrant (including the Battlefield Estates subdivision)
* The rest of Main Street and the entirety of Buckmarsh Street will be cleaned by VDOT.
** Hermitage Boulevard is scheduled to be paved this fiscal year. Part of the paving contract consists of milling curb relief for the entire length of Hermitage Boulevard. This requires extensive cleaning and sweeping of the road surface. To reduce costs, the Town will not clean Hermitage Boulevard and let the paving contractor clean the street.
Public Works crews may be redirected to other tasks and cleaning may be suspended because of inclement weather; therefore, a more detailed schedule can’t be provided for this work.
Residents of streets being cleaned will be given advance notice of street cleaning and signage will be posted (which will include parking restrictions at least 24hrs prior to cleaning).
Spring street cleaning is scheduled to be completed by the end of May.
Please call the Town Business Office at 540.955.1099 if you have any questions about the Town’s spring street cleaning.